| Step 1 |
| Step 2 |
| Step 3 |
| Step 4 |
| Step 5 |
| Step 6 |
| Step 7 |
| Step 8 |
| Step 9 |
Step 2: Verify the names of your Project Server 2007 databases and database server
You must know the exact names of your Project Server 2007 databases as well as the instance of SQL Server on which they reside. To, determine these, log on to SharePoint Central Administration Web site with Farm Administrator credentials.
This step can be divided into the following sub steps.
- Verify the names of your Project Server 2007 databases and server
- Determine Web Application used for PWA instance and associated content database name
- Prepare List of Database names for backup
Verify the names of your Project Server 2007 databases and server:
In the SharePoint Central Administrator Web Site, click the Shared Services Administration section to view the Shared Services Provider page.
On the home page of the Shared Services Provider site, click Project Web Access Sites
On the Manage Project Web Access Site page, click on dropdown menu and then click Edit
On the Edit Project Web Access site page, verify and note the following details. These details will be used in the next step.
- Web Application hosting PWA
- Primary Database server and database names being used for Published/Draft/Archive databases
- Reporting Database server and database name
Click Cancel to close the PWA edit page.
Determine Web Application used for PWA instance and associated content database name:
Find out the Web Application name from previous step. In this example, ProjectServer - 80 is the web application being used for http://epm2007demo/Litware
Steps to find the associated content database:
- On SharePoint Central Administration page, click on Application Management
- Click on Manage Web Applications
- Click on web application name (In this example, ProjectServer - 80)
- Click on Content Databases
- Note down the content database name associated with web application (In this example, ProjectServer2007_Litware_WSSContent is the content database name associated with PWA.)
Prepare List of Database names for Upgrade:
The following databases are identified as databases for PWA instance http://epm2007demo/Litware
Proceed to Step 3