I) View the Critical Path
In your project plan, Critical Path is the sequence of tasks that should not be delayed without delaying your project finish date.
You can view the Critical Path by using Gantt chart or Network diagram.
You can use the Gantt Chart Wizard to view the Critical Path. Gantt Chart will format the Gantt to highlight the critical path of your project.
- On View menu -> Click Gantt Chart
- On Format menu -> Gantt Chart Wizard
- Click “Next” on first screen
- On next screen, select the “Critical Path” and click Next
- Next screen will have the option to choose “What task information do you want to display with your Gantt bars”. Please choose the one of the option from “Resources and Tasks/Resources/Dates” and click “Next”
- On next screen, choose the option to “Provide the link between dependent tasks” and click “Next”
- On next screen, click on “Format It”
- Click on “Exit Wizard” to display the Gantt with Critical Path
Crtical Tasks vs. Non Critical Tasks
The following steps to show the Critical vs. Non Critical Tasks on Gantt Chart
- On Project Menu -> Group By -> Critical OR On Project menu -> Group By -> More Groups -> Critical