In order to connect MS Project Server, the following prerequisites must be met:
- To connect to MS Project Server 2003, you need to have MS Project Professional 2003 installed on your computer
To connect to MS Project Server 2007, you need to have MS Project Professional 2007 installed on your computer
- MS Project Server URL (PWA URL) must be accessible from your browser
- You must have MS Project Server account with required permissions (Project Manager or similar permissions)
Once you met all above prerequisites, you must enter your user account name and connection information in the Account Properties dialog box in Project Professional.
Steps to Create MS Project Server Account (Profile):
- Open MS Project Professional
- On Tools menu -> Enterprise Options -> Microsoft Project Server Accounts
- By default “My Computer” account will be available. This account is meant for to work on MS Project Professional locally. If you want to manage your plan on server, you need to create the account to connect to MS Project Server. Please continue with below described steps.
- Click on “Add” button
- Enter the name of the connection (you can enter any name, it’s just an label to identify the connection name); URL of Project Server
- Specify the “When Connection” option depends on your access mode to Project Server
To use Windows authentication, click Use Windows user account.
To use a Project Server account, click Use a Project Server account and then provide a user name in the User name box
- You can also check the “Default” box if you will be using this connection most often; when you check “Set as default account”, the current account will set as default. It means, whenever you launch the MS Project Professional, automatically it connects to the default account. (By not checking the “Set as default account”, you will get the option to choose the listed accounts on your project professional)
- Click OK to create the account
- Close and restart Project Professional