I) Attach document to Task
: By clearing the “Display As Icon” check box, the content of the file will display into your project Notes box, so you can read it directly from there.
- Double-click the task to open the Summary Task Information dialog box
- Click on “Notes” tab
- Click on “Insert Object” icon
- Choose the option “New file or “Create from file”
New File: You can create MS Word/MS Excel/MS PPT by clicking this option
Create from file: If you already created the file, and ready to attach that external file, please choose this option. Please use the “Browse” button to select the file from you machine. Click “OK” to attach the file
II) Attach Hyperlink (URL) to Task : If you have all project related documents residing on SharePoint site, attach the URL of the document to the task. This way, you also keep your file size trimmer. It is also a very efficient method for opening associated documents quickly place.
Steps: 1)Find out the URL for your document on SharePoint site or network drive
Tip: Find the URL of the Document:
- Navigate to document on SharePoint site
- Right Click on Document Name -> Copy Shortcut (Don’t double click on document name)
- Go to Desktop
- Right Click -> Paste the Shortcut
- Right Click -> Right click on Pasted Shortcut -> Properties -> Select Entire Portion of the URL -> Right Click -> Copy
- Paste on Note Pad to have the URL
2)On your project plan, Highlight the task (Select task)
3) On Insert menu -> Insert Hyperlink -> Enter Document name as Text name to Display
4) Type or Paste the URL on Address text box -> Click OK
When you click the Hyperlink associated with task always the document in the new window.