View Tasks (Timesheet)
- Logon to PWA
- Click on "Tasks" link from top menu
- You will see the "View my tasks" page with grid below. This page contains a personalized view of all the work assigned to a team member across one or more projects and by one or more project managers.
1) Gantt chart vs. Timesheet
You can view Tasks page in either a Gantt chart view or a Timesheet view.
Based on settings defined by your Project Server administrator, you have the option to submit the update by either of one of option below:
- Percent of work complete: Resources report the percent of work complete, between 0 and 100
- Hours of work done per day or per week: Resources report the hours worked on each task during each time period
- Actual work done and work remaining: Resources report the actual work done and the work remaining to be done on each task.
Please use Timesheet view view to submit the actual work in hours.
Please use Gantt chart view to submit the project progress in terms of Percent of work complete.
2) Current Tasks vs. All Tasks
- Current Tasks: Only current tasks will be displayed. Current tasks are as those that are currently in progress or scheduled to start in the near future.
- All Tasks: This option will display all tasks (current and completed tasks) including to-do list tasks
3) View Options (Tasks with Date Range)
Please click on “View Options” to define date range for the tasks, time scale in days/weeks/entire period and task outline etc.
Date Range: Choose date range and click on “Set Dates” to refresh the view .
Also you can use “Filter, Group and Search” to apply the filter to show the tasks as per custom filter definition.