You could use your orginaztion logo instead of default logo "Windows SharePoint
Services" in the right zone of the site.
In this example, I am showing the steps to replace the default logo “Windows SharePoint Services” with new image called "epmcentral.jpg"
Note: To perform the following steps, you need to have SharePoint administrator access.
- Step 1: Create Picture library and Import custom image (Example: epmcentral.jpg)
- Step 2: Display the custom image in the Site Image Web Part
Step 1: Create Picture library and Import custom image
- On home page of the SharePoint site, click on View All Site Content on quick launch
- Click on Create
Click on Picture Library under Libraries section
- Give name as SiteImages
- Click on Create to create the picture library
- You will be on SiteImages library; on the list toolbar for the library, click Upload
- Click Browse and locate the custom image file on your machine and then click OK
- Enter Image properties (Title) click OK to complete the upload
- You will see the SiteImages Picture Library URL similar to below:
Copy the SiteImages Picture Library URL as below to notepad
Note: Please discard the part “Forms/AllItems.aspx”
- Identify the Image File Name (In this example, “epmcentral logo.jpg” is file name)
- Construct the full URL of the image by adding the file name to SiteImages URL as below:
Replace each space in image file name with %20
So, complete URL of the image file will be
Tip:You should view the image file on browser by pasting the above URL on IE address bar.
Step 2: Display the custom image in the Site Image Web Part:
- At upper right of the site, click on Site Actions menu, click Edit Page
- Click on edit of Site Image Web Part; click Modify Shared Web Part
- Paste the URL from notepad of the image file that you imported by pressing CTRL+V at Test Link as and “EPM Central” as Alternative Text; Click OK
- Click on Apply to save the image
- Click Exit Edit Mode to close the edit process
New image will be displayed on home page.